There’s a unique charm brought about by desserts that combine chocolate with citrus fruits, especially orange. Orange can give whatever it is paired with a subtly sweet and tangy flavour. Not to mention that it smells of springtime. But when it is paired with dark chocolate, the result, as long as the orange is not overpowering, is ethereal. Though this combination may not be liked by many, orange-chocolate lovers can surely enjoy this recipe. Plus, it’s gluten-free and sugar-free.
- 3/4 cup coconut flour
- 3 large ripe bananas (sliced and frozen)
- 1 orange
- 1/3 cup cacao powder
- 1/4 cup cacao powder
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- pinch of sea salt
- orange peel
- orange zest
- Blend frozen bananas in a food processor until it has a creamy texture.
- Add in coconut flour and blend until well incorporated.
- Add cacao powder and fresh orange juice (squeezed from the orange) and blend again until everything comes together.
- Pour the mixture onto a small cake tin and level.
- Place in the freezer to firm up while you prepare the top layer.
- In a bowl, mix the cacao powder with coconut oil using a spoon until it forms a syrup-like consistency.
- Add in the sea salt and mix until well combined.
- Remove the cake tin from the freezer and line this evenly on top. Top with orange zest and bits or orange peel. Put inside the refrigerator to firm up for about 30 minutes.
- Remove the cake tin from the refrigerator just 5 minutes before serving. Give yourself a slice and enjoy!
Share this Post