Starting the week right! This vegan peanut butter and chocolate chip pancakes recipe makes a stack of about 8-10 pancakes.
- 1 1/2 cups of buckwheat flour
- 2 cups almond milk
- 2 mashed bananas
- 1 flax “egg” (basically, combine 1 tablespoon of flax meal with 3 tablespoons water and let rest for about 10 minutes to thicken)
- chocolate chips (I use Enjoy Life Dark Chocolate Morsels)
- peanut butter (I use Earth Balance creamy peanut butter)
- Preheat a large non-stick skillet or frying pan over medium heat.
- In a medium-sized mixing bowl, put in the buckwheat flour, mashed bananas and mix. Add in the rest of the ingredients: flax eggs, almond milk and combine with a whisk until well incorporated.
- Spray the frying pan with cooking spray or pour olive oil just enough to grease the pan.
- Drop 1/4 cup of batter onto the pan for each pancake. Cook until bubbles appear on the surface, flip and cook for another few minutes. Repeat for the other pancakes.
- Mix peanut butter with coconut oil to make a syrup-like consistency and drizzle on pancakes.
- Put as much chocolate chips as you want!
Share this Post