I think I was craving for chocolate far too much when I decided to create this superlative of a chocolate dessert. This basically combines a moist and fluffy chocolate cake topped with a gooey chocolate sauce.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cups almond milk
- 1 1/4 cups unsweetened applesauce
- 1 1/3 cups granulated sugar
- 1 cup cacao powder
- 2/3 cup coconut oil (melted)
- 2 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 2 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- 1 cup coconut oil
- 2/3 cup cacao powder
- 2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- pinch of sea salt
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees Celsius and lightly grease a round cake pan. Dust with cacao powder and shake off the excess. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, mix the almond milk and vinegar. Let set for a few minutes before adding the coconut oil, vanilla extract, applesauce and beat until it turns somewhat foamy.
- Sieve in the flour, sugar, cacao powder, baking soda, baking powder, and sea salt onto the wet ingredients while beating. Beat until it is creamy and no lumps remain.
- Pour batter evenly on your cake pan. Tap the pan gently to get rid of air bubbles.
- Bake 25 to 30 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the middle comes out clean. Let it cool before putting the chocolate sauce.
- Mix cacao powder with the coconut oil until it turns a syrup-like consistency.
- Add in the powdered sugar little by little depending on your desired consistency and sweetness.
- Pour onto your cooled chocolate cake and let it ooze to the sides.
- You may top it with nuts, fruits, vegan ice cream, or whatever you like. Serve and enjoy!
Share this Post